By heaters, we usually mean either oil-fired devices or heat fans. With them we will compare the convector. The oil heater is a tank filled with oil, inside which is located a heating element, a heating element, the heating element, often. closed type.
Radiators heat the room efficiently and quickly, but they are less convenient to place and use, requiring complicated installation. Convectors are more practical and safe. Electric models are optimal for long-term use, easy to install and operate.
Carbon film systems are an excellent heater for children’s rooms. Their advantages are extremely compact size, low price, availability of different versions. Today you can buy or order for individual production:
Placing a film heater as a mat or mat creates a warm and comfortable place for your child to play. In this case, the temperature in the room will also be maintained at a comfortable level convection from the floor as much as possible covers the space. There is no risk to a child’s health, the film heater works in two modes: 35-40 degrees and 60-70 that gives the chance to warm a premise intensively when children do not sit on a floor.
Systems made of film resistors, made in the form of paintings or door decorations, look great in the room. They are the safest The weak point of the floor variants in the form of a low voltage power cable is here secured and protected. In addition, the absence of the shell in the form of carpeting or matting allows film wall systems to work as an infrared radiator, heating objects in the room.
In general, if the question of how to choose a heater for a small apartment with a small child, film heaters in wall and floor versions will be an excellent solution. The price of equipping the room will be attractive, while there is no harm to the health of a small person. Electrical safety is also at a high level: a good tube heater is powered by 12V, so even a broken or damaged cable during playtime won’t cause any trouble.
When choosing a heater, you need to consider its main parameters: efficiency, cost-effectiveness, safety and mobility. The choice is also determined by the place of installation: in a private home for heating rooms requires different characteristics than for a city apartment. The room to be heated will also determine the choice of heater (small bedroom, large living room or children’s room).
It is necessary to choose a heater in accordance with the conditions of placement and the features of a particular type, in order to achieve maximum efficiency and reduce energy costs.
One of the popular types of heaters. They come in different sizes and capacities, so you can choose options for different rooms.
The principle of operation of the fan heater is as follows: the air flow passes through the built-in heating element (this is usually a metal spiral, ceramic plate or TEH), and the warm air is distributed with a fan, heating the room.
- Low price.
- Variety of sizes. you can choose a small model, which will occupy little space, and place it, for example, on the nightstand or at the feet.
- Due to forced air circulation, the room warms up quickly enough.
- Mobility. compact size and light weight allows, if desired, move the device.
- High noise level. With a fan running, it is difficult to sleep at night.
- Oxygen is “burned” and the air in the room is “dried out” quickly.
- Better to think about buying a humidifier, or supplemented with advanced air humidification options, and such models are much more expensive.
- Not well suited for heating large rooms. Compact units have low power, while larger models absorb large amounts of energy and are loud when they operate.
- Overheats quickly, making them dangerous to leave unattended.
An oil heater combines power and energy consumption savings.
This device by design is similar to the central heating radiator and can consist of a different number of sections. Heating element and mineral oil inside the device. Thermostat attached to the side or top.
- Silence. Unlike a fan heater, this device can be turned on during the day and at night, as it works without noise.
- Economical. Oil holds heat for a long time, and once heated once, it will retain heat for some time even after the heater is turned off.
- Versions with more sections are suitable for heating large rooms. Withstands prolonged operation.
- There are more expensive models with built-in fans, temperature control, timers, and other options.
- Long heating up of the heater and therefore the room.
- Large size and considerable weight. Because of this device is difficult to move and transport, as well as it takes a lot of space.
- Can only be placed on the floor.
- High price. Efficient oil type heaters are quite expensive.
- The body is made of metal, which heats up easily, so there is a high risk of getting burned.
- Also can not be left unattended. After prolonged use, the oil wears out and there is a risk of the heater breaking.
- Like a heater, this heater dries the air. Therefore, when buying it, you need to think about an additional humidifier.
Infrared heaters have different working principles. The feature of the device is that it heats not the air, but the surrounding objects and walls of the room, which, in turn, give off heat, and the temperature in the room increases.
Infrared heater works by installing a halogen, quartz or carbon lamp inside, which creates infrared waves.
- Quietness thanks to the wave principle of work.
- A large number of design options, dimensions, as well as the ability to mount the device on walls and ceilings.
- Rapid heating of the room.
- Fire safety.
- High cost. Because of the different technology it is the most expensive type of heater.
- The device heats only objects in the range of infrared waves, so you need to think about the location of the device.
- The bulbs inside the heater are quite fragile and can break if handled carelessly.
- For a long time to stay near such a heater is not recommended, as from the impact of waves the human body can overheat, which will lead to ill health. And improper installation can even harm your health.
Today, electric convectors are the most popular heating devices, because they combine efficiency, ease of operation, safety and economy.
They are similar to heaters in principle. The convector takes in air that passes through the heating element and exits with a warm stream from the body openings, evenly heating the room. However, unlike a conventional fan heater, the air is heated by natural circulation. The heating element is usually made of ceramic, so the device does not overheat. Due to this there is also no strong “oxygen burning”.
- Affordable price.
- These heaters are efficient and precise enough (up to 0.1ºC). They can not only heat the room evenly, but also maintain a predetermined temperature, which allows to maintain a comfortable indoor climate and thus save on energy costs.
- Electric convectors are easy to install, can be mounted on the wall or stand on the floor.
- Completely silent operation allows you to switch on the electric convector at any time of the day.
- Brand models have a system of protection against overheating, so there is no risk of burning, and they are fireproof.
- A variety of models, convenient design and compact dimensions allow for the harmonious and convenient integration of such a heater into any room.
- Many models have additional options: electronic control, timer, etc. There are variants with a built-in fan.
- Modern models of electric convectors of some brands have the possibility of remote control via the Internet and a smartphone. They can also be combined with other heaters and electric devices. In terms of comfort of use, they are the most attractive.
Such heaters are the best in terms of price, efficiency, ease of operation and economy. They are suitable for any room, as they do not require special conditions for installation. They can be used as an additional heating element or place several convectors to replace the central heating in the house.
This is not a bad option for children’s rooms if the kids are getting older and understand why they can’t touch certain items. Oil heater works steadily, maintains the temperature at a predetermined level, the solidity of the device guarantees its stability. But you can not close your eyes to such disadvantages as:
- Long heating time;
- High energy consumption;
- Most devices dry the air, so an additional humidifier is required;
- Stale oil can exude an unpleasant odor.
In addition, the hot elements are not covered with a protective screen, so an unintelligent baby can easily get burned.
The heater in the nursery: the criterion of safety
A child’s health is key to the peace of mind and well-being of their loved ones. It depends on many factors, including the microclimate of the environment. To create comfort for the baby, you need to know what to choose a heater for a child’s room. How to make it so that it was warm, but not too humid and not too dry? The issue of safety when buying a standalone heater is particularly acute. Today we will look at the main types of heaters as potential equipment for heating a child’s room. Technical devices will be evaluated in terms of noiselessness of operation, fire safety, speed of air heating, other.
The heater in the nursery what is the best choice, top 10 models, reviews
When choosing any items around the baby, parents not only evaluate the quality of things, but are also guided by safety considerations. This applies to everything: clothing, toys, furniture, etc. д. Maintaining a microclimate comfortable for the child in the room is the key to his health and good mood. To regulate the temperature regime, which is especially important during the cold season, a large number of household devices are offered today. However, parents often face a problem when choosing a heater for the children’s room: what is the best device to install in the room where the child spends most of the time, so he could not bring harm to the baby?
The heater for a country house: what it should be
Efficient. So that quickly warm up the room and maintain a comfortable temperature for a long time. Fire safe. Fire. One of the main dangers for a country house; fire extinguishers are usually not kept in the household, and the average time of arrival of the fire brigade in Moscow suburban. than an hour from the time of the call. Safe for humans, especially if there are children in the house. Cost effective, particularly if it is an electric appliance. Heating a country house with electricity is called “burning money”. Kilowatts are becoming more and more expensive, and the appetites of heating devices are usually not insignificant. Compact, so it can be delivered to the cottage by your own forces, quickly assembled and, if necessary, just as easily dismantled. Inexpensive. If possible, of course. In the crisis, not everyone has the budget to allocate for “fancy” equipment, even if they really need it.
Unfortunately, the combination of all these advantages in one device, if found, vanishingly rare, so the choice one way or another have to prioritize. For example, an old acquaintance. Oil-filled heater (aka. Oil-filled heater) can offer us four of the six points listed above.
An oil radiator with a fan heater
Heater for a child’s room: what is the best choice?
A heater for a child’s room must be safe in the first place. Therefore, all devices that run on gas, liquid or solid fuel, we exclude at once. Despite meeting all safety standards, they can’t be guaranteed to withstand children’s curiosity and temperament. After all, the heater for a child is just an interesting toy. Hence, another criterion for choosing a heater for children should be discreet, not attracting extra attention, which means that decorative electric fireplaces with their mesmerizing flicker of artificial flames will also not be the best solution. The most suitable options electric convector, oil radiator and infrared heater.
Science for Kids: Heat Energy Video
Let’s look at each option in detail and try to answer the question about what to choose a heater for the baby’s room.
A heater for a child’s room is the only right choice. The oil heater, infrared, fan heater or convector. What’s better?
Every father and mother wants their children to be surrounded by things that are not only high quality, but also safe.
And first of all it concerns such electric devices as heaters. Heaters for children’s room should be chosen not by design, cost or extensive functionality, but primarily by the degree of safety.
We can say right away that a convector is by far the best solution.
First of all, it is silent. Young children’s hearing is much more sensitive than that of adults.
And he will fall asleep much faster.
Thus it is necessary to choose models where as a heating element acts not a glowing spiral inside the case, and wide lobed tubes.
They will not burn the dust, and therefore the formation of extraneous odors.
And also, thanks to the absence of additional elements for blowing, the convector design is much simpler, and therefore it will break less often than other types of heaters.
Electric convectors are available in two varieties:
In the children’s room, of course, it is necessary to choose the wall-mounted design.
Heater on legs or rollers, no matter how you fix it, the child can easily topple it. At the same time, wall convector many parents would like to hang at such a height that curious children could not reach it.
That way you can be 100% sure that the child will not get an electric shock. However, remember that this will severely reduce the circulation of warm air.
When buying in the store, pay attention to the convector must be present:
If you do decide to hang it high on the wall, the remote control is a necessity, not a whim.
In this case, the connection of wall-mounted versions can be of two kinds:
The second option is more preferable. A child can always reach the cord with the plug out of curiosity and start pulling or even hanging on it.
Convectors with direct connection to the concealed wiring do not have this disadvantage. True, this option should be thought of at the beginning, even at the stage of repair of the apartment and lead to the nursery, a separate cable line just for the heating.
The disadvantage of the wall-mounted version is poor heating of the floor. All of the warm air will go under the ceiling, and the temperature on the floor will be significantly lower.
It will take quite a long time to heat the whole room evenly. Therefore, do not allow your child to crawl on the floor, immediately after turning on such heating.
When the wall convector option is not available to you for some reason, then make sure that the floor model has a lock or “child-proof” function.
It is a button or a combination of buttons which, when pressed for a long time, automatically block all the other buttons.
Otherwise your child can adjust the modes playing with the nicely illuminated buttons, which will inadvertently damage the electronics or simply turn the heater off in frosty weather.
Many well-known brands have specially designed convectors specifically for kindergartens or children’s rooms.
For example from a French company Noirot. These heaters are thought-out in every detail: