Delicate washing is not only gentle washing of delicate fabrics, but also a personalized approach to them (especially wool and silk) Delicate fabrics include wool and silk, nylon, polyester, lace, batiste, cashmere, knitwear, microfiber, lace.
Program for washing expensive and delicate items of wool and silk, which are not designed for machine washing. This mode uses a large amount of water to better dissolve the detergent for a gentler effect on fabric.
Delicate washing icon on the washing machine, which is usually accompanied by the inscription 300. Delicate items are washed at these temperatures. These include silk, satin and synthetics, and some blended fabrics.
Washing Machine Cycles Explained
- Washing products with a lot of water
- Low water temperature of 30-40 degrees allows you to save the color and shape of the clothes.
- Spins the drum gently, with gentle jiggling to prevent the loss of rhinestones, beads or other decorations.
Designed for fabrics that will not tolerate hot water, heavy spinning or abrasion. It is specified for items that have a forbidden symbol on their labels or have a handwash icon on them. This is a universal sign for.
It shows a hand immersed in a basin. Sometimes there is a number that indicates the temperature of the water. The symbol forbidding machine processing looks like a crossed-out machine. For such cases, there are special modes.
The category of delicate fabrics includes those that can easily tear, lose brightness of color, change size, or become deformed. They most often include:
Sometimes the program is used to wash sneakers, textile shoes, sneakers, and clothing with embroidery or other decorations. “Hand wash” is effective for processing the following types of items:
- tights and underwear;
- pants and suits;
- It can be used to wash down jackets, coats and down jackets;
- clothes with decorative elements;
- Tulle or organza curtains.
Manual wash” mode is combined with the “Wool” program
At what temperature is the treatment in the washing machine?
Handling in a washing machine should be done with all the rules in mind:
- Prepare the garment for washing (inspect for tears or stains).
- Fasten all buttons, zippers, etc.д.
- Turning the garment inside out.
- Inserting items into the drum.
- Pouring in a special compartment of the detergent, which can be used for synthetic fabrics.
- Setting the wash mode to “delicate” or “synthetics” or “hand wash.
- Adjusting the temperature setting (it must not exceed 60ºC, or preferably 40ºC).
- Set the spin to a minimum.
- Start the wash.
Setting the temperature of the washing machine to a higher than 40°C only if this is stated on the machine label.
The choice of laundry detergent should take into account the peculiarities of man-made materials. The best option is to use products that focus on synthetic fabrics, wool or silk.
Using laundry detergent in gel form is preferable to powder form.
How and what to wash synthetics in the washing machine, tells
Laundry detergents for gentle washing
For delicate items need special detergents, as the fibers of the fabric can be destroyed by ordinary powders. It is best to use special detergents, which come in liquid and powder form. Liquid gels are preferable, since powder does not dissolve well in cold water. To ensure that the product meets all the requirements, you should choose it according to the following criteria:
- The liquid should only be intended for wool and silk;
- A good product does not contain preservatives, dyes and enzymes;
- The scent must be natural.
How to Identify a Good Fabric Conditioner
Most manufacturers make a separate range of products for delicates. They usually indicate that this product is intended for fine fabrics.
Which items should be washed on this mode
An informal list of delicate fabrics and things is formed on the basis of experience with them. It is complemented and adjusted. Usually it is complex items with many bright inserts and fittings, underwear, curtains, drapes, cloth sneakers, soft toys. These include thermal underwear, fabrics with pleated effects, rhinestones, other embellishments.
- Microfiber and next generation fabrics.
You can recognize the material by its appearance or try to wash a piece of similar fabric. If it turns out that the thing stretches, tears, sheds. it should be taken care of specifically.
Starchy paste will wash away tough dirt. Apply stain, let dry, wipe off with sponge. Then the thing should be washed in a neutral substance: soap, baby shampoo.
Features of hand washing
Hand washing requires special care with fabrics. This allows them to maintain their quality and appearance for a long time. If it is done by hand, then some skills will be required, since the process consists of a number of interrelated actions.
To begin with, it is necessary to decide on the place where the washing will take place. Usually it is a bathroom or kitchen. After that, you need to sort things by color. This procedure is performed both for hand and machine washing. Otherwise the fabrics will lose their color, white will get a different shade. So, you need to wash each group of things separately. white, dark, colored, children’s and others.
After that, the inventory is prepared: a basin, powder, soap, fabric conditioner. It is not difficult to determine what the water temperature should be. It is enough to look at the label on things. It indicates the type of washing, temperature and other parameters that are recommended for this type of fabric. After that, you need to draw water into a basin, pour the powder, dissolve it thoroughly and load the dirty laundry.
LG Washer. Delicates Cycle
To make it more effective, you can rub the fabric a little against each other and leave it in the water for a while. If it’s very dirty, dish soap can help. Rub the stained cloth well with it, then rinse the things in clean water. It is better to do it in another basin. Rinse the garment and hang it up to dry.
How to hand wash delicate expensive clothes.
The above describes the process, which is carried out manually. If you want to save your time, then use a washing machine. It will do the same thing, but much faster and better. The device simulates it from start to finish. All you need to do is load the laundry and hang it up.
How to set a gentle cycle yourself
If the model of the washing machine does not provide a separate delicate program, the gentle washing is not difficult to set yourself:
- At the initial stage, study the recommendations on the product label, pay attention to the temperature mode: if the recommended limit is up to 20 degrees, then the spin speed put at the lowest level.
- Manually turn the water heating down to minimum or remove it altogether.
- Set a low spin speed (up to 600). For fabrics requiring special care, wash in cold water, steaming and drying in the drum is strictly prohibited.
- An extra rinse will improve the quality in cold water.
After selecting these options, the wash will run in the delicate mode:
- With a lot of water, which will reduce the risk of traumatic friction on delicate fibers.
- Low temperature will not let the laundry lose its brightness and shape.
- The drum rotation speed is minimal, so the accessories: rhinestones, sequins, rivets will not be damaged.
- Spinning at low speed can be as gentle as possible without twisting and pressure.
What does delicate washing in the washing machine mean
Beautiful delicate and delicate garments require special care. With the neatest wear, they still get dirty, then there is a problem of how to wash delicate fabrics. When all machines had one mode, there was no other way but to perform this procedure manually. The water temperature did not exceed thirty degrees. Not only a special washing regime, but also mild detergents are needed to keep delicate garments intact. The use of stain removers should be selective. Do not use chlorinated detergents.