Why water flows from air conditioning?
First, it is worth saying a few words about the design of the air conditioner, and then deal with all the questions that relate to the features of his work. In any air conditioner there is part of the refrigerator with temperatures significantly exceeding the temperature of the surrounding air. Usually this hotter part is called. a capacitor or an external unit. It is always outside the room and has direct contact with external, street air. Another part of the air conditioner is installed in the room where the air is required. This is the coldest place of the refrigerator. It is called. evaporator or internal block. These two blocks are connected by copper pipelines, electric wires, this design is called the split system.
Another design of the air conditioner can be called a monoblock air conditioner. In this case, the external and internal blocks are placed in one case, but still its capacitor is directly taken outside the room and is in contact with street air, and its other part is in the room. Most often it is inserted into the window, less often. into the wall.
Question: “Why does the water flow from the air conditioner flow?» concerns the split system, which is why we will talk about it precisely.
Consider a specific example. Suppose an air conditioner is installed in the room. When it is hot outside, it is included for work in cooling mode. The refrigerator, which circulates in the system, boils in the heat exchanger of the internal unit, has a temperature much lower than the air temperature in the room. For this reason, the heat exchanger, or rather the outer surface of the heat exchanger tubes, begins to be covered with moisture, which becomes more and more, and in the form of drops it flows down and gathers in the pallet. It is for this that such a pallet is intended, which is installed under the heat exchanger of the internal unit. To remove this water in the pallet there is a special pipe that is connected by a hose or pipeline. On them, water is removed either to the sewage system or on the street. It is impossible to avoid the formation of this water in any way. Its education is associated with the features of the air conditioner in cooling mode. If the entire drainage system is originally done correctly and it works properly, then do not worry. If for some reason the water begins to drip from the inner block, then there are violations that led to this.
As mentioned earlier, the water from the pallet should merge into the sewer or on the street on the drainage pipeline. Most often, water flows by gravity. To do this, a bias is withstanding at least 1 cm for every 100 cm along the entire path of the pipeline. one.one. If the slope is not withstanded, then water accumulation in the drainage pipeline, in the pallet and water from the pallet begins to drip out. Quite often there are cases when the condensate is removed to the street and the drainage pipeline has to be laid through the hole in the wall. The hole is also drilled downward towards condensate exit. Often this neglect and drill such holes horizontally. Naturally, in this case, the water simply will not drain through the pipeline.
- During installation, dirt, dust, pieces from construction work can get into the pallet and then get into the drainage pipeline with a stream of water. As a result of this, a partial or complete overlap of the flow of draining water may occur.
- water can drip or flow not only from the area of the inner block, but also beyond its limit. This situation may occur if the drainage pipeline has some damage and water condensate partially leaks in this place. A similar picture can be observed if the drainage pipeline has a joint or connection over its entire length. In places of poor compounds, water condensate can also be leaked.
- In some cases, the drainage pipeline cannot be made so that the necessary slope is sustained throughout its path. In this case, the installation of a drainage pump (pump) is provided, which provides constant or periodic pumping of condensate from the pallet. In case of its breakdown, condensate can also accumulate in the pipeline, and, finally, in the pallet itself and drip out.
If, with prolonged operation of the air conditioning, water began to drip water from the inner unit, then the causes may be as follows:
- Water, as you know, is a good environment for the propagation of mold and other microorganisms. Therefore, after some period of the air conditioner, dust, dirt and other types of organic pollution begin to accumulate in the pallet. Such an accumulation can be observed in a drainage pipeline. If you do not do preventive cleaning in time, then, over time, there are problems with the removal of condensate or even clogging of the drain, which leads to the accumulation of water in the pallet, and to its overflow. The concomitant phenomenon in this case is an extraneous smell from the side of the internal block. To avoid such a phenomenon, there are regulatory work to maintain an internal unit. During such work, the heat exchanger of the internal unit and the pallet for draining condensate is cleaned. For this, special cleaning tools are used. Such work can be carried out with the involvement of the company’s specialists, as well as yourself, if we have appropriate skills.
- The operation of the air conditioner is accompanied by a small vibration, so over time, minor leaks can also form in places of poor connection of the drainage pipeline, which will lead to water condensation leaks.
- If for some reason the split system works for cooling at negative outdoor temperatures and the drainage pipeline is found on the street, then it should be borne in mind that the condensate can freeze in the drainage pipeline, there will be an overflow of the pallet and its flow to the outside. So that this is not, then a special heater is installed in the drainage pipeline, which does not allow ice traffic jam in the pipeline in winter.
- When the air conditioner is working in the air cooling mode in the room, the heat exchanger of the internal unit should not freeze under any conditions, covered with hoar or ice. If this suddenly happens, then after the air conditioner is turned off, the overgrown ice crust will thaw. Since the dimensions of the ice growth can exceed the overall dimensions of the heat exchanger, the water can drain past the pallet when tickled and beyond the body of the internal block. Freezing can occur for various reasons: insufficient number of refrigerator agent in the refrigerator circuit, improper use of the air conditioner, when the temperature in the room is below the temperature for which the air conditioning and high humidity in the room. In this case, it is necessary to contact specialists with a request to eliminate the malfunction, which leads to the freezing of the heat exchanger.
The causes of water from the inner block
Frequent cause of leakage. clogging of drainage output located on the building of the case facing the building. As a rule, blockage occurs due to insects crawling into the output. An obstacle appears the outflow of fluid, which causes its retrograde current.
How to eliminate. Blowing a drainage pipe. Even a small displacement of the block is enough for the accumulated water to push the remnants of the backbone.
The design of the air conditioner provides small passages for the outflow of liquid from the front to the rear part. In case of violation of cleaning time, the passages are gradually clogged. Not leaving the front of the water, will flow out of the case.
How to eliminate. Technical holes can be tried carefully cleaned with a thin wire or knitting needle. Just do not overdo it so as not to do even more harm. Blocking can be tried to remove with a vacuum cleaner. If these measures have not eliminated the problem, the master from the service center should be called.
The ingress of a warm air stream on the cooler of the air conditioner leads to a massive formation of condensate. At the same time, spray of water is flying from the air conditioner.
How to eliminate. The defect of the case where the air penetrates inside should be thoroughly treated with insulating material.
When a freon leak occurs, the evaporator of the inner block is covered with a crust of ice. A similar problem is usually found during the period of transfer of equipment to heating mode. This leads to an increase in violations: the leak intensifies, not characteristic noises appear, ice floes may appear in the output stream of air.
How to eliminate. The reasons leading to a freon leak is usually not possible to fix it independently! Cracks on pipelines, violation of the tightness of the places of rallying copper pipes. Such defects require special skills and are usually eliminated in service centers.
The appearance of fluid leaks immediately after the installation of the air conditioner may indicate a crack in the drainage pipe.
How to eliminate. A breakdown could arise due to the careless actions of the master of the installer, and in this case, the replacement is free of charge by the company that carried out the installation of equipment.
Less formidable violation that occurs during installation is an insufficient angle of inclination of the drainage tube, leading to stagnation in it.
How to eliminate. Repair is required, which sets the drainage channel at a sufficient angle for a complete outflow of condensate.
The causes of water flowing from the external unit
Reduced level of refrigerant. The ice crust formed on the tubes melts and flows through the technical gaps of the outer unit.
How to eliminate. Refuel the air conditioner with freon.
Evaporator pollution. Violation of the delivery of heat by the evaporator into the atmosphere due to pollution of its surface with dust, dirt, fluff, etc.P. leads to its freezing and the formation of a “drop”.
How to eliminate. Timely conduct of preventive and seasonal cleaning of the evaporator.
Reduction in pressure in the freon pipeline during the period of decrease in external temperature.
How to eliminate. To prevent the occurrence of the problem, the condensation pressure regulator is set. Specialized climatics, for example, in server, is equipped with pressure regulators initially.
When to contact the service center
As can be seen from the above, some problems that caused a leak can be eliminated independently. However, it is necessary to soberly evaluate your technical skills and knowledge in the field of climatic systems. If there is no confidence in their abilities, then when the air conditioner is detected, it is recommended to entrust its diagnosis and repair of specially trained service employees. It should be borne in mind that most experts can take an additional fee for obvious traces of unsuccessful attempts to fix the unit with your own hands.
Important! It is forbidden to open the air conditioner and try to eliminate the serious breakdown of the equipment independently, without having the necessary experience and knowledge.
It must be remembered that most large manufacturers of climatic equipment have their own official service centers in large cities of the country. Representatives of companies such as LG, Electrolux, Midea, Daikin are always ready to provide their specialists for warranty repair and periodic service of their equipment.
What can be done
A number of faults of the air conditioner leading to the leakage of water can be eliminated independently:
- When overflowing the tank for condensate, the liquid must simply be poured and installed in the same place. You need to do this after turning off and cleaning the split system;
- If the heat exchanger is covered with ice, then thermal insulation must be improved. This will avoid damage to the evaporator due to sharp temperature changes;
- Fastening of the pipes is amplified by nuts and sealant;
- With the improper location of the hose outlet, it is necessary to change the angle of its inclination.
When operating the air conditioner, it must be remembered that its inclusion is possible only if the air temperature on the street is not lower. 5 degrees. If the device is turned on at lower temperatures, then the probability of leaks and other breakdowns inevitably increases.
When the leak is eliminated by the master
You can not always cope with the elimination of leaks in climatic technology yourself. If you are not sure that the problem is due to banal reasons that you can easily eliminate, then it is better to seek help from the service center.
Below are the most typical malfunctions, the elimination of which must be entrusted to a professional master.
The inner block flows or water is sprayed from it during operation. The cooling function worsens. When opening the cover inside, ice is noticeable.
Blocking filters, fan or evaporator. The accumulation of dirt and dust leads to the fact that the heat is reduced. As a result, a snow “fur coat” is formed. When tapping, the liquid gets past the tank or does not have time to completely leave through the drainage. Water can also get to the fan, which during the operation of the blades sprinkles it around the room.
From the equipment water drips or the device is “spit” with moisture. Cooling does not correspond to the selected mode, there is ice on the evaporator. In the presence of an electronic board, an error is displayed on it. not enough refrigerant or low pressure
Freon leak or its natural evaporation. With reduced pressure, the temperature of the condensate drops, which leads to the formation of ice.
The detection of the refrigerant leakage is carried out, after which it is sealed. The work should be accompanied by the replacement of the filter-dryer and vacuuming the system, after which a new freon is pumped.
It must be remembered that without breakdowns any air conditioner loses about 7 percent of freon per year. So that this loss does not become critical, it is necessary to carry out service maintenance of equipment in a timely manner.
Water pours into an apartment, an air flow leaving the split system is weak
Fan breakdown. His rotation at low speeds leads to a deterioration in heat. Irce forms for evaporators. Grinding, it drips past the bath or does not fully merge into the drainage system.
The broken fan can be repaired, but it can be replaced more efficiently with a new.
Air conditioning flows in the apartment. It does not turn off during operation, but the desired cooling does not occur. On the evaporator “Snow fur coat”. On a thin tube and nut of the outer unit, ice is noticeable.
Clogging of the capillary tube. Leads a malfunction to a deterioration in the circulation of Freon, so it boils before it gets into the evaporator. The cold-productivity of the equipment is reduced, and the deficiency of cold air is trying to compensate for the split system due to continuous functioning.
Purging the capillary pipeline using devices that create pressure. If the blockage is not eliminated, then solvents and hydraulic cleaning are used. In the absence of the effect, the tube must be replaced with a new.
Water from the indoor unit pours into the room, the equipment practically does not blow.
Valve malfunction (TRV or ERV), which may be due to a failure of the settings. This concerns inverter air conditioners. They use thermoregulating valves that regulate the flow of freon. With damage to valves, the pressure becomes insufficient or excessive. Therefore, the refrigerant boils back in the wiring, and the evaporator does not have enough cold. The device begins to work without stops, an ice appears, which drips dripping when.
It takes to replace or set the valves.
The indoor unit freezes, the compressor does not turn off. The air conditioner does not cool enough and spray water.
Almost all breakdowns of climatic equipment leading to its course can be eliminated. However, only qualified specialists can professionally repair. If you try to independently eliminate a complex malfunction, then you can forever remove the equipment from work. Therefore, when the leak appears, it is best to immediately contact the service workshop.
Where the water is formed in the air conditioning
Air conditioning operates on the principle of rapid cooling of air. Due to the fact that the temperature changes sharply, condensation is formed. When the air conditioner works correctly, the resulting liquid flows into a specially designed pallet, and then removed to the street. In a different situation, a leak is formed.
Water from AC: Leaking Under Vehicle
Recycle the water produced by air conditioner
- blockage of the drainage canal (insects often fall or with a long absence of service, the channel is clogged with silt);
- leakage of drainage compounds or a drain pipe hall;
- Controquelo of the drainage channel (violation of installation technology);
- condensate falls past the bath (crack in the drainage pallet);
- Moisture enters the fan.
- freezing of the heat exchanger (evaporator) with insufficient amount of freon in the system or during the crease of the freon pipeline.
When drainage is salted, excess moisture flows from the pallet along the walls to the room. Also, a fairly common cause of such a trouble is the displacement of a drainage pallet due to incorrect installation. With an insufficient amount of freon in the system, the evaporator (heat exchanger) freezes and the formed ice can damage the fan. When the air conditioner is turned off, the ice starts to melt sharply and water, overflowing the pallet, pours out onto the wall.
The air conditioner flows most often due to improper installation, errors in operation and untimely cleaning. Therefore, immediately after the purchase and installation, it is recommended to carefully read the instructions.
The reasons for the course of the internal block
If water flows from the internal unit of the air conditioner after installation, then the installation is made incorrectly. It is recommended to immediately call specialists performing installation work, and quickly eliminate problems.
The design of the system involves a drain channel. If the track is characterized by a complex configuration and rises up, then the drainage pump is additionally installed.
With leaks from the inner block, such malfunctions can be observed:
- improper slope of the drainage route;
- uneven fixation of the internal block;
- lack of thermal insulation of freon pipelines;
- incorrectly seasoned air conditioner;
- the presence of creases in the refrigerant movement system.
Leaking Window A/C indoors (How to fix water leaky Air Condition)
If, by installing the air conditioning, malfunctions occurred in the drainage channel, then the water does not stem by gravity, but forms the flow.
Installing the internal unit of the split system without observing the level leads to the fact that a special bath for condensate takes an incorrect position. As a result, she does not collect moisture as planned.
Often, workers with low qualification levels are wringing copper tubes conducting freon. The formed pressure as a result provokes the freezing of copper pipes and heat exchanger. When they thaw, water flows into the room.
P.S. In order to prevent malfunctions, it is important that the installation of equipment is done by a professional. Independent attempts to eliminate breakdowns can lead to a deterioration in the situation, cause annulation of the warranty coupon, and so on.
Two left hands installers
Problems with condensation can begin shortly after installing the air conditioner. In 99% of cases, this due to unprofessional (in some cases of drunk) installers.
How to fix water leaking or dropping from indoor of Split Air Conditioner explained by Emm Vlogs
The fact is that the drainage tube should go down downward downward. Sometimes when installing in the wall, a hole is made, which goes parallel to the ground, or even directed upward. In this case, according to the law of gravity, moisture will not be able to leak and accumulate in the tray.
It is easy to determine the problem. just look at the entrance and exit of the drainage from the wall.
There are two exits. either punch a new hole, or outweigh the air conditioner higher. But it is best to call the installers. They are simply required to correct their mistake.
If you put the air conditioner yourself, you will have to arm yourself with a peorator and choose. Naturally, it will be easier to break through a new hole. Its entrance should begin in the same place as the old one, but the channel should be directed down.
Arctic cold in the inner block
Sometimes the reason that water flows from the air conditioner can be ice on the evaporator. Open the outer panel of the internal unit of the air conditioner and inspect the radiator. If there is ice on it, the reason is found.
Ice can appear for three reasons:
- The air conditioner is set for too low the temperature of the work;
- The room is lower than the working temperature than that of the air conditioner and high humidity;
- Not enough freon in the highway.
Turn off the air conditioner and wait until the evaporator thaws. To speed up the process, you can blow it with an ordinary hair phenomenon. After that, increase the temperature regime and use the device.
If the flow occurs over time again. most likely the problem in the low pressure of the freon. Fix this yourself will not work, call the master. At the same time, make sure that the repairman checked the Freons highway for leakage and refined the air conditioner.
The fact is that the system of circulation of the refrigerant is closed. If pressure fell in it, then there could be its cliff. But sometimes Freon goes through microcracks in pipes or fittings very slowly and it does not always make sense.
Reasons for the leakage of the split systems
The hotter the summer, the more intense the condensate is formed. In a perfectly working system, he quickly flows from the ribs of the radiator, and immediately goes beyond the hull (to the street or to the sewer).
Back to the description of the work of the split system. Using the fan turbine, the air from the room passes through the ribs of the radiator, the internal case works like a vacuum cleaner. Everything that is in the “atmosphere” is delayed inward, and settles on a wet radiator. After a short time, it is growing with flakes of dirt.
Not only does this cause an unpleasant odor, these “rags” do not allow condensate to drain. Freezing occurs (ice, snow).
Pieces of dirt fall into the bath and clog the drainage tube. As a result, your air conditioner flows along the wall of the room.
- The reason we go along the chain: dust in the air, sticking dirt on the radiator, condensation delay, freezing, snow formation. Further, the problem grows like this same snowball. The grate is clogged for air passage, the system gets out of the mode, the uncontrolled process begins. Suffling water flows down the walls of the case, drips on the walls and floor. In addition, this piece of ice can break the fan turbine and the case.
- The cause of the mud is clogged with the receiving hole of the drainage tube. It is not necessary to wait for snow sticking: water is assembled in the bath (naturally), then just pours over the edge. The warmer in the room. the more intense condensate, and the probability of the flood.
- The reason for the strain in the street part of the drainage tube. Insects often crawl into this hole: bugs, bees, wasps. Most often, to just drink water, sometimes for the construction of a nest. If Juke gets stuck in the tube, the cork is formed. As a result, the water does not leave, and then you know.
- The reason is the plastic tube that removes water from the wall of the house could bend from the heat, and block the free flow of liquid.
- The reason is the mechanical breakdown of the tube. With constant contact with water (plus thermal contrast), plastic may crack. A banal leak is formed. In addition, the internal drainage tube is somehow connected to the external hose.The joint is not always sealed, or over time lost strength.
What is the conclusion? If the air conditioner is flowing, the reason is most likely in pollution. Cleanliness is the key to health, not only yours. but also air conditioning.
How to deal with it
Calls for cleanliness here you can not do. There is still dust in the air, and it will certainly get inside the system. The manufacturer took care of this, installing mesh filters behind bars.
And these filters must be kept clean. At the end of the season, and best. once a month, nets should be removed from the body, rinse and dry. In addition, the heat exchanger of the radiator (ribs) should be washed periodically. If the drainage is not clogged, dirty water will calmly go outside.
Also for sure, you need to clean the fan turbine. The same dust falls on the blades, and it can lead to vibrations and breakdown.
The baton itself for collecting condensate is an excellent garbage pit. Heavy particles of dust settle to the bottom, and serve as an excellent workpiece for the formation of a jam at the entrance to the drainage. Again, before the start of the season, it is necessary to clean the body from the inside.
Prevention of the drainage system
Without waiting for the flood from the inner block, it is necessary to regularly clean the tube connecting both air conditioning modules. To do this, you can use a tool to eliminate blockages in the sink, enema (creating water pressure), pump for a beach mattress. To check the patency of the drainage, pour a glass of water into the bath for condensate. The liquid should disappear in a few seconds.
Check the condition of the external parts of the drainage. If a flexible tube outside the wall dangles in the wind, fix it.
Be sure to check the tightness of the drainage connection with the outer tube before the start of the season. A couple of meters of airtight film costs a penny, unlike spoiled wallpaper on the wall.
Condensate flows from the internal unit of the air conditioner. to fix it very simple
In the process of using the air conditioner, owners often face a problem when water flows from the inner block. A similar situation can cause many problems, especially if you have taken you by surprise. Why is condensate dripping on the floor? And is it possible to fix everything yourself? I will try to give answers to these questions in our article.
During the usual operation, the tube is clogged, since the air conditioner passes air through itself with dust particles. But there are not rare cases when various insects climb into the phone. bees, spiders and others, thereby clogging it with their “nests”.
Drainage cleaning can be done yourself, but it is better to trust specialists. It will be necessary to remove the body of the inner block under which you will see the tray (you can also see in this article). Drainage is connected to this tray. Carefully inspect the details and find the connection place. You will see a hole inside the tray. it can be either left or right as in the photo (it is likely to drain accumulated water). Through any suitable tube (air conditioners use copper) drainage is blown with ordinary water, picking it up in the mouth. All dirt will come out under pressure from air and water outside (at the same time, look so that no one “arrives” on his head). If the tube is displayed into the sewer, then this problem is solved only with planned service service of the split system.
For example, if during installation the drainage hose was fixed without the required inclination towards the street. Or during installation, a poor.quality hose was used, which was rubbed or leaned out during the installation process.
Turn to the master-installations who will professionally diagnose and perform repairs.
In my practice, it happened when, due to the imperfection of the design of the inner block, the water drained past the tray.
Contact the store in which the air conditioner was purchased to call masters to replace the block or eliminate the malfunction.
In special cases of installation (if there is no technical possibility of removing condensate to the street or you cannot comply with the necessary slope) in the drainage system use pumps (pumps) and siphons). In case of malfunctions or clogging of these devices, the internal block of the split system also flows.
There is only one way out of these situations. disassembling and cleaning the air conditioner (including a drainage system with pomp or siphon). Remember that timely preventive maintenance reduces the likelihood of a breakdown of these parts.
- The freezing (ice) of the evaporator is also a rare cause of water leakage. This is already a breakdown of the air conditioner, most likely associated with a freon leak. But there may be other reasons that in any case should be diagnosed by the master.
Immediately turn off the food and call professional repairmen. Do not try to fix something yourself.
- The latter case is when water during winter operation freezes on the street in a drainage tube. Because of this, condensate flows into the room.
Do not use the air conditioning for “minus” if he does not have additional “winter options” (heating the compressor, drainage, etc.D.)
It is worth noting that if water is dripping in the external unit in heating mode, this is absolutely normal, t. to. In heat mode, condensate is already formed on the radiator of the external unit.
Lifehack finally: if a metal.plastic drainage hose goes to the street, then it is better to bend it down. there will be less likely to get insects there.
That’s all today! If the article was useful, then share it with your friends using social buttons below. Good luck!