Types of flue gas boilers: parapet, hinged, floor standing
Despite the emergence of numerous alternative energy sources, gas remains the best choice for heating. The advantage of the energy carrier is a low cost, a good heat output, the possibility of selection of heating equipment depending on the parameters of the room and the scheme of heating. When choosing a boiler take into account its performance characteristics, labor intensity of installation and maintenance.
Let’s consider floor standing boilers of the manufacturer Baxi. Their boilers are equipped with the latest electronic technology. automatic diagnostic system identifies up to 10 possible malfunctions in the heating system, which makes use easier and more comfortable. Made of stainless steel, with permanent flame modulation to save on gas consumption.
The model range of the Baxi brand includes single-circuit and double-circuit boilers. Two-circuit boilers are represented by a range of Baxi Slim. 2.230 i, 2.300 i, 2.300 Fi (TURBO). If you purchase this type of boiler you will also have a hot water supply, in addition to heating.
All these models have the following advantages:
- Automatic timer
- Stainless Steel Burner
- Constant modulation of the flame
- Cast iron heat exchanger
- Fault diagnosis system
- Protection against overheating of water, against freezing of the heating circuit
- Automation to determine the outside air temperature
One of the main qualities is the ease of installation and operation of the boiler.
Suggestion to read Why clevia leaves turn yellow
The small size will not require a separate room for installation. The system will fit in the kitchen under the window sill, and will not take up more space than conventional batteries.
Choosing a two-circuit parapet boiler will allow you to organize a self-contained process of heating the room and water. Thanks to this, it is possible to save money on utilities.
It is worth noting that the cost of gas consumed by the installation for a month, several times lower than utility rates for heating.
The structure of turbine and parapet boilers are similar, but the latter have a number of advantages.
Parapet boilers. advantages and disadvantages. On the positive sides should include:
- Autonomy. does not require connection to the electricity grid, as the ignition is performed by means of piezo elements (spark), which are controlled electronically. For the power supply the battery is used. The equipment can run from a constant source of gas as well as from a gas cylinder.
- Ease of installation and maintenance. turbine systems are quite complicated in adjustment, operation. They are present all kinds of sensors, controllers. Parapet boilers are constructed in an easier way.
- Versatility. you can connect the equipment to the radiator system, but the boiler itself can become source of heat (through convection windows). Suitable for heating a house with a small square footage, apartments. There are hinged models, floor models. Compact size allows their installation in any convenient place, subject to certain operating conditions.
- Closed combustion chamber does not take oxygen from the room. if to summarize, the parapet boiler is a simplified version of turbine equipment, while maintaining the quality characteristics, with an affordable price.
Specialists note some disadvantages. In contrast to the turbo systems, the injection of air into the pipe is a natural way, so the inlet pressure is lower. To improve operation, install parapet boilers with built-in circulating pumps that are connected to an electricity source, or they work from a battery. Sometimes, in severe frosts, the outlet pipe can freeze.
Choice of heating system
To determine which gas boiler is better parapet or chimney, you need to understand the device and the principle of operation of technology. When choosing the equipment need to take into account the size of the room, the quality of ventilation, power outages.
Gas boiler with a chimney. reliable, inexpensive and effective technique, heating water in the heating system. To remove the exhaust gases from a device with an open combustion chamber, a chimney is used. The temperature difference allows the exhaust gas to be vented to the outside through a chimney. Boilers with a closed combustion chamber have a short and wide exhaust pipe. Appropriate equipment with a chimney for private homes with a good ventilation system.
Parapet boilers are more universal, because they are equipped with a closed combustion chamber and do not require installation of exhaust pipe. This equipment can be installed both in houses and in city apartments with poor ventilation system. The device is mounted only two pipes, providing clean air supply and exhaust gas outlet. If you choose a model with suitable characteristics, you can heat the entire area of the apartment with just one boiler.
Note: Parapet gas boiler. is an alternative to the wall-mounted device. The unit to be installed on the floor must also be fixed to the wall, using special brackets.
Where to place the parapet units
Parapet gas boilers are installed as well as conventional boilers in non-residential premises: kitchen, hallway, corridor. They are installed only on the outer wall of the house. If the walls are made of flammable material, the distance from the pipe should be at least 20 cm. The surface on the boiler and chimney side must be protected with fireproof materials.
The coaxial flue must not be located close to other facade elements or objects. Allowable distance to the chimney is about 30 cm. The chimney must not go out on the balcony, loggia or under the canopy.
All about parapet gas boilers here
НИКОГДА НЕ ПОКУПАЙ парапетный котёл
The pipe must not obstruct people passing by the wall or smoke into the neighbors’ window.
For units with power up to 7 kW it is allowed to locate the pipe at a distance of 25 cm from the window. If the boiler is more powerful, then 50 cm.
Why Gas Boilers Are Still The Most Popular Choice
When the gas boiler is located on the first floor, the height of the pipe installation can not be less than 0.5 m. And if there is an aisle for people in the chimney outlet, the height of its placement should be 2.2 m.
On balconies and other elements protruding more than 40 cm, the pipe can be located no closer than 2 m (with a unit capacity greater than 7 kW. 3 m).
The chimney should be placed so as to provide easy access to the chimney for maintenance and servicing.
Near the gas boiler inside the room should not be flammable objects, allowed distance to them 30 cm.
Near the panel of the unit and its shutoff valves need free access of 1 m to perform control, operation and repair.
Parapet gas boilers
The heating system with a gas boiler is one of the most affordable and profitable. But not everyone has the opportunity to refuse centralized heating, even if its quality is unsatisfactory. This is due to the fact that the usual stationary gas boiler needs to have a gas duct.
Such a structure is not present in all buildings, especially multi-storey. Residents of private houses and cottages have long enjoyed all the benefits of gas boilers for heating, now this opportunity has appeared among the residents of apartments. What is the best gas boiler to choose?
What is a parapet boiler?
Parapet gas boilers are units designed for heating the premises, as well as providing them with hot water. Design features of such equipment are very well suited for safe operation in the home. The power of parapet units varies from 15 to 45 kW, this is enough for heating and hot water supply of an apartment or house, but it all depends on the size of the heated area, heat loss and the minimum air temperature outside the window. In order to choose the right gas heating unit, you must take into account all these factors.
For your information. Parapet boilers can be assembled independently, you only need to follow the instructions for installation.
The main differences and characteristics of the gas parapet boiler
- Parapet boilers are energy-independent units.
- One of the differences between the parapet boiler and the stationary gas appliance is the design of the combustion chamber. The parapet gas boiler has a closed combustion chamber, which provides complete removal of combustion products outside the room in which it is installed.
Also eliminates the burning of oxygen in the room, which is an important factor for small areas with poor ventilation. Such a design of the combustion chamber provides better combustion of fuel, which increases the efficiency of the entire heating system.
- Due to the use of a closed combustion chamber, there is no need to install bulky gas ducts. This is suitable for those who do not have the ability to build such structures.
- By their characteristics and design features, the parapet boilers are very similar to the hinged gas boilers. But the latter are very “capricious” in their operation, despite their popularity. For stable and durable operation of the wall mounted unit requires constant pressure in the circulation system, high quality gas, soft water and other nuances.
To simplify the operating requirements were developed parapet boilers, which, despite its versatility, are undemanding in operation, but meeting some of the requirements specified in the certificate of the unit, still have to ensure.
- The body of the parapet boiler has special convection holes, which provide room heating even without installing additional radiators. Thus, this multifunctional unit combines the functions of a “heater” and “radiator” at the same time.
- Varieties of parapet boilers by functionality can be: single-circuit. can provide only space heating, double-circuit. provide heating and hot water at the same time.
- The parapet gas boiler can operate from a gas cylinder with a propane-butane mixture, as well as from a gas pipeline with natural gas.
Construction of the gas parapet boiler
- The body of the parapet boiler can have different sizes, design and shape.
- This unit can be installed in any convenient location. Can be hung on the wall or installed on the floor.
- Equipped with a closed combustion chamber.
- Various types of burners can be installed, which are mainly divided into one-level, two-level and modulating.
- The heat exchanger of the parapet gas boiler can also be of different types: cast iron, steel or copper. Each of the heat exchanger has a number of advantages and disadvantages.
- Flue gas exhaust system is a coaxial chimney.
- For ignition may be used pieza or electronic ignition system.
- Many electronic sensors and programs are used to ensure full autonomous and safe operation of the heating system.
- To control the normal operation of the unit, as well as the settings of operating modes, the unit is equipped with the necessary controllers.
Important! You should carefully read the requirements for the operation of the gas unit, since each equipment may have individual requirements.
The chimney goes outside the room through a hole in the wall, this pipe performs the function of the output of combustion products, as well as the supply of air, which is involved in the combustion process.
Coaxial chimney is two pipes of different diameters. The smaller diameter pipe runs inside the larger diameter pipe. Flue gases are exhausted through an internal duct and fresh air is drawn in through an external duct.
Advantages of the parapet gas boiler
Drawing a conclusion on the characteristics of this unit can be noted its positive aspects:
- The possibility of use in rooms of any purpose and even in apartments, without building additional structures.
- Low cost compared to other types of gas boilers.
- Compact size and easy installation.
- Design feature that allows you to heat the room where the parapet boiler, without the use of additional radiators, that is, the boiler itself is a heater due to the presence of convection holes.
- Versatility and a wide range of capacities.
To make the right choice of gas heating boiler for the house, you need to consider the heated area and heat loss. To this end, you need to take 2 kW of boiler power per 10 m2 of the house area.
Parapet boiler. it is a versatile and convenient unit for heating, which can be installed even in an apartment.
Parapet or floor gas boiler which is better
Floor-standing turbine boiler has a closed combustion chamber, so it is safe and does not require a separate room
The product was created in the early nineties of the last century, when the mass of private construction and the rejection of people from the central heating began. Used at that time, universal furnaces could run on any fuel, but they had an open burner. Since domestic enterprises were closing down en masse and foreign products were not available, it was decided to develop and manufacture a boiler of own production, which would meet all the power and safety requirements.
Какой выбрать котёл ДЫМОХОДНЫЙ или БЕЗдымоходный
Works were carried out in Ukraine and Luch Russia. In 1996, the first double-circuit models were sold, with compactness, power of 10 kW, efficiency of 0.92 and a closed combustion chamber. These boilers became the prototypes of the units that are still manufactured today.
Why is the boiler blown out by the wind and what to do in such a case?
Blowing can indicate a violation of the connection of the chimney and automatics, often it speaks about the lack of windshield on the cap. However, in general, blowing out of the burner flame by the wind is a significant and most well-known problem of parapets, because of which they have not gained superpopularity.
As a rule, the casing of the coaxial chimney, made in the factory, already has a special insert that protects against wind gusts. If it is not included, you will need to look for a suitable deflector or make it yourself: to give a sheet of galvanized steel the desired shape, and then attach it to the ridge of the press washers or rivets.
Factory-made wind protection and an example of homemade solution owners.
When the boiler after the installation of protection still fades. nothing to do further is meaningless: you can, of course, continue to put new heads and deflectors, to build a coaxial pipe bends, to output a vertical flue, but then lost all meaning in installing a parapet model.
Pros and cons
The advantages of parapet boilers include:
- no electricity consumption;
- does not use internal air, there is no additional load on the ventilation system;
- no need to connect to a common chimney
- low fuel consumption;
- Economy, practicality, resistance to external loads.
Disadvantages of the models can be considered:
- installation requires making a hole in the wall with a diameter of 25 to 31 cm
- Installation is only possible near the outside wall;
- no possibility to provide a full-function control and protection of nodes and parts of the unit (for non-volatile models).
Despite the existing drawbacks, the parapet boilers are highly appreciated by users. The demand for them is constantly growing.