The device and purpose of the radiator fan, an overview of common faults
In any internal combustion engine, an effective cooling system should be worth. Without which the motor will overheat and all its mobile parts can fail. Modern cars are equipped with a cooling system in which the coolant circulates. Circulation is carried out using a special pump. Pump. Any cooling fluid with its long.Term heating begins to boil. To prevent this, the radiator is provided in the cooling system. The engine cooling radiator consists of many thin tubes to which special lamellas are attached to increase the cooling area. When the car moves, the air passes through the radiator lamella and cools the metal, thereby reducing the temperature of the coolant. But at low speeds or when standing in a traffic jam, the radiator is not able to resist the engine overheating alone. In such a situation, an electric fan comes to the rescue, which is activated automatically at a certain coolant temperature. If the cooling fan fails, the motor will overheat. Next, we will consider why the radiator fan does not turn on, as well as the possible causes and malfunctions that lead to this and the methods to eliminate them.
Device and principle of operation
VAZ 2110 fan sensor like 8, so 16 valves, consists of a sealed case, inside which there is a bimetallic plate and electrical contacts. A feature of the working element is the possibility of a significant physical increase in heating. With a significant change in temperature, the plate is extended to the larger direction, and the contacts of the thermallane are closed.
From the outside, a thread is cut on the body, which is necessary for reliable fixation of the sensor in the cooling system of the internal combustion engine. On the end of the sensor located on the opposite side, the terminals are installed, which are necessary to connect contact wires.
How To Test and Replace A Radiator Cooling Fan Switch
What is DVV for
During a long movement of transport at a low gear or long.Standing, the radiator does not receive sufficient blowing with air. As a result, the temperature of the coolant increases sharply and the liquid can boil. Often arising engine overheating can cause premature wear of the piston group of motor cylinders. The surfaces of the rubbing parts with strong heating begin to lose their strength characteristics, which causes their destruction. In the end, this will lead to the overhaul of the engine, accompanied by large financial costs.
To protect the car from the occurrence of such phenomena, the radiator is equipped with a fan, which forced expiration dramatically lowers the fluid temperature in the engine cooling system. The fan will turn on at the time the temperature approaches to the threshold of boiling of the antifreeze. The sensor function is not limited to regulation of the electric fan. The fact is that the information about the temperature of the antifreeze entering the “brain center of the car”. The ECU is processed and converted into commands that correct the proportional composition of the fuel mixture, the moment of sparking and other operating modes of engine devices. In many ways, the productive operation of the injector engine Lada viburnum depends on the serviceability of the DVV.
Checking the device
If there are suspicions that the FEV has failed, the power grid is first checked, its feeding. When the integrity of fuses, cables are not violated, the functionality of the device itself is determined. How to check the fan on the switching sensor:
- If the motor is injective. The wires of the device are disconnected from the terminals. Then the motor turns on. The electronic control unit, having discovered the absence of a thermal sensor, should run the fan after a few seconds. If this happened, then the cooler did not work due to FEV, which transfers incorrect data.
- If there is a carburetor engine. The device cables are disconnected from contacts. Next, the motor is turned on. Then the terminals are closed. If the fan has earned, then the cooler connection indicator is damaged.
To finally determine that the device has failed, it must be dismantled from the car. Then:
- Take any suitable tank where to pour water. Put down into it. Then put the thermometer there, it will control the temperature.
- After that, take the tester, turn it on the call (resistance check). Connect the conclusions of the multimeter to the contacts of the device.
- Put a basin on a gas stove for heating water.
- In this case, you need to monitor the temperature of the fluid in the thermometer. While the water is cold, the multimeter will show the infinite or close to this resistance. Когда жидкость нагреется до температур включения ДВВ, и он заработает, сопротивление существенно упадет.
- Here it is necessary to track the temperature of the water. The figure will be an indicator of the serviceability of the device.
- If all this did not happen, the device is faulty.
Cooling fan sensor is not repaired. If he completely or partially failed, he needs to be changed.
Replacement with a pile of antifreeze
Having discovered incorrect operation of the device or its complete inoperability, it is required to replace it with a new. To perform dismantling, you must follow the instructions:
- If the engine is hot, it is necessary to let it cool;
- De.Energize the “mass” of the car by disconnecting the sub.Terminal terminal of the battery;
- Remove the lid of the expansion tank;
- Remove the radiator cork;
- To prevent pollution, it is necessary to substitute the container under the drain harden;
- Drain the antifreeze from the radiator. There is no need to drain antifreeze from the cylinder block. To unscrew the drain plug, the effort of the hand is enough, so the tools will not be needed;
- Когда жидкость перестанет вытекать следует вернуть пробку на место, чтобы избежать ее потери;
- Remove the terminal with wires;
- Gathering key carefully unscrew the sensor.
To install a new sensor, you need:
- Check the condition of the copper sealing washer. In most cases, it will require a replacement for a new. The use of the old gasket is fraught with Tosol’s leaks;
- Plunge a new sensor, following the evenness of the fit of the sealing washer;
- Connect terminals with wires;
- Pour antifreeze into an extensor tank. If the merged antifreeze is of good quality, then you can return it. Otherwise, it is necessary to use fresh fluid;
- To eliminate air traffic jams in the cooling system, it is required to produce it;
- Return the radiator plug to the place;
- Close the expansion tank;
- Connect the minus terminal of the battery;
- Warm the motor until the sensor is triggered.
If, after these actions, the fan does not turn on when the required temperature reaches, it is necessary to continue searching for a malfunction in other possible places. Before continuing to search for breakdowns, it is advisable to consider the log error log using a diagnostic scanner.
Design and principle of operation of an electronic sensor
Structurally, this sensor is also extremely simple: its base is the thermoresistor, placed in a massive metal case with a thread for entering into a radiator and an electric connector.
The principle of operation of the sensor is based on the effect of changing the electrical resistance of the thermoresistor when temperature changes. Depending on the type of thermoresistor, its resistance with an increase in temperature may fall or increase. The change in the resistance of the thermoresistor is monitored by the electronic circuit, which when a certain temperature reaches the control signals for turning on, a change in the speed of rotation or the fan shut.
As electronic sensors of the fan inclusion, regular temperature sensors are used. The use of an electronic sensor, unlike electromechanical, allows you to not only turn on and off the fan, but change its speed depending on the temperature of the coolant, ensuring efficient cooling of the engine. However, systems on electromechanical sensors are much simpler and cheaper, so in the future they are unlikely to be completely replaced.
As a rule, the fan inclusion sensors are very reliable and have a long service life, however, in the event of a breakdown, they must be changed as soon as possible. This is the only way to ensure the normal temperature regime of the engine in any conditions.
Replacement of the fan inclusion sensor
This section covers the replacement of the switch of the VAZ 2107, 2110 and 2114 fan. Fundamentally, all these processes on any car are the same, the differences are only in detail.
Advice. Before replacing the sensor, read the instructions, look at the photo.
For this operation, a lot of things are not required:
As you can see, the replacement of the swing sensor of the VAZ 2109 fan will not cost ourselves. Only a sensor will have to buy.
Replacing the sensor
Note! The replacement of the sensor is best carried out on a cold engine. So you can avoid obtaining burns of the skin of the hands and other parts of the body.
- It is not necessary to drive a car on an overpass or an observation hole. This will even cause some inconvenience. It will be enough just a closed room. Garage.
- Disconnect the minus terminal from the battery.
- First you need to drain the antifreeze from the radiator. There is no need to drain it from the cylinder block.
- Unscrew the traffic jam of the engine cooling system.
- To merge the antifreeze, unscrew the drain plug. It is usually located below the radiator and is simply twisted with hands.
Replacing the fan on the VAZ 2110. Unscrewed plug plug
Advice! Use a clean container, since the same antifreeze will have to be filled back.
How Radiator Fan works. Engine Coolant Temp Sensor CLOSE LOOP DIAGRAM( Non ecu controlled)
- Twist the drain plug back.
- Disconnect the contacts from the sensor.
- 30 key should be unscrewed by the fan on.
- Unscrew carefully so as not to damage the plastic tank of the radiator.
- Twist the new sensor in the place of the old. Do not forget to install a copper gasket for a new sensor.
- Connect the wiring back to the sensor.
- Pour into the expansion tower of the antifreeze, which was previously leaked.
- Blow the cooling system so that there is no air in the system.
- Connect the battery terminal.
- Make the engine, warm and check the performance of the sensor.
- If at the desired temperature the fan turns on, then everything is in order.
- If not, you will have to check the rest of the possible fan canal failures.
The fan on the cooling sensor of the power plant consists, as a rule, of a copper case and a sensitive thermo element that responds to or lowering the temperature of the cooling fluid fluid. Timely inclusion of the fan depends on the quality of these materials, the reliability of the design.
Description. Great production experience, as well as modern equipment determine the high quality of products.
Its quality is confirmed by certificates of compliance with international standards ISO TS 16949: 2009, ISO 14001: 2004, ISO 9001.
FAE partners are such authoritative in the world of automotive manufacturers as Nissan, Mercedes-Benz, Suzuki, Skoda.
Working temperature regime. Products have various parameters. For example, the article sensor 37820 turns on and turns off at temperature ranges 95-85/102-92 ° C. The FAE 36250 sensor operates at an opening temperature of 100 ° C, turns off the fan at t = 95 ° C. Model 38170 has the following characteristics: t opening = 90 ° C, closing = 79 ° C.
- Good, branded, packaging.
- Available cost.
- Economical energy consumption.
- The minimum number of fakes in the market.
- Reliability in work.
A similar product for consumers of the secondary market is being implemented.
Description. For example, the popular Hella 6ZT 007 802-021 model is compact in compact dimensions: 95x50x45 mm and small weight: 50 g (in packaging). It is equipped with a three.Pin connecting connector. Threaded size: 22×1.5 mm (turnkey 29).The product works with a double thermal switch, connected to the onboard network of the car 12 in.
Working temperature regime. The operating range of the sensor: 85-102 ° C.
- Convenient for connecting the connector.
- Excellent packaging design.
- Big working resource.
- Adaptation to the harsh climatic conditions of our country.
Description. Ford, Mitsubishi, Volkswagen automakers install sensors as original parts for their cars. Almost all of Wahler diverges through the conveyors of automobile plants. About 90%.
Confirm the high quality of the products of the German company Certificates QS 9000, VDA 6.1, DIN EN ISO 9001.
Consider by the example of the three.Pole model Wahler 601795 Its characteristics. The detail has a standard threaded connection: 22×1.5 mm. Sensor weight: 50 g. The fan switch sensor is installed directly on the radiator.
Working temperature regime. Fan Turning Turning Military District: 95, 102 ° C, Dischants: 84, 91 ° C.
Stages of replacing the sensor with the Daewoo Nexia car.
Cooling fluid drain
Dismantling the wiring plug
Installation of a plug in place