Why is coal not burning in a boiler
We will see more severe difficulties in extinguishing a gas column, which has an automatic protection system.
Gas in the fabric should burn without an internovered, regardless of the position of the valve of the cranes, mixers for supplying water and handle. In the gas column with an ordinary system of automatic protection, subsequent elements are integrated: trem.Guide, thermocouple and electric valve. If the smellor or thermocouple is closed, then the wick of the gas column is faded, because the protection systems are triggered.
After they finished holding off the gas regulation handle fades away the smells. In this case, the automation system does not work. To carry out repairs of such a problem, it is necessary to perfectly realize how the assembly unit of the protection system works. If you do not understand this, it is better to invite a specialist to eliminate the breakdown.
How a coal boiler works?
What is a coal boiler? This is a simple installation that consists of two compartments. Coal is laid in the upper furnace. After its burning, ash and slags remain, which fall into the lower compartment and remove from there as necessary. Between the cameras is a regular grille grille.
Such stoves can be additionally equipped with complex automation, which allows you to transfer the installation into an autonomous mode and control the traction. If there is no automation, coal furnaces work with natural circulation. The first type of device has several operational advantages, but the ocist of the prolonged burning furnace is much larger than simple devices.
Automation works extremely simple. Thanks to it and the operation of the fan, it is easy to control the flow of oxygen into the furnace. The larger it is, the stronger the coal burns, and the faster the fuel burns out, giving the maximum amount of heat. Oxygen access restriction leads to the opposite effect. The fuel burns slower, the amount of heat given decreases, but the coal burning time increases.
The heating temperature is regulated by a special temperature sensor. The operating modes of the boiler can be programmed. If the specified temperature is reached, the sensor works and turns off the fan. In this case, the supply of oxygen decreases, and the oven burns slower. When the temperature drops, the fan turns on and begins to intensively pump oxygen into the furnace. Coal is actively flared up again. If we take into account such features of the work of a solid fuel boiler, it becomes clear when and how to lay coal in the oven.
What coal to choose for furnace?
Fuel is selected in accordance with the recommendations of the boiler manufacturer.
The fact is that there are several varieties of coal, and they are significantly different in characteristics:
- Brown coal. The most common and least high-quality: it quickly burns, smokes and makes an unpleasant odor, forms a lot of waste: the structure is earthly, color-brown or black, heat capacity: 16-22 mD/kg, cost: 3.5-4.5 thousand. Per ton;
- Coal. Black with a metal or resin tint. Good quality and at the same time affordable cost. There are several varieties, long-flare coal is most common: heat capacity: 26-32 MJ/kg, cost: 5.5-7 thousand. Per ton;
- Anthracite. Gray-black with gloss of glass or metal. The highest quality and expensive: Heat capacity: 32-36 MJ/kg, cost: 8-10 thousand. Per ton.
The use of “wrong” coal leads to the overspending of funds or damage to the heater. So, when burning anthracite in optimal mode, the temperature in the furnace reaches 2200-23000C. When loading such fuel into a boiler made of ordinary steel, designed for brown coal, he will quickly burn out.
Either you will have to “hold” the combustion, blocking the flow of air, due to which the effectiveness of the anthracite will drop sharply and the costs of buying this expensive coal will be unjustified.
How coal made us rich — and why it needs to go
Another example: long-flame coal, due to high humidity, is unsuitable for a pyrolysis boiler-condensation mixes abundantly in the chimney mixing with combustion products and turning from this into a viscous resinent substance. Such heater needs gas coal.
There are toxic types of coal containing more than 2% sulfur. It is strictly prohibited to use them as fuel for furnaces and boilers: when burning, sulfur oxide (sulfuric gas) is formed, poisoning air and destroying metal parts.
Varieties of coal
Coal by origin. Natural raw materials. Its composition contains carbon and non.Combustible components. The combustion process involves the formation of ash. Coal is of different types and differs in some characteristics:
The age of the raw material. The youngest is Lingitis. There is brown coal. The most popular. Stone. Ancient species. Anthracite. The value of humidity and volatile components. First place for lingitis, the latter. For anthracite. On the specific.
Now many townspeople now purchase in empty villages abandoned, but still suitable for housing at home or hut. And of course, both in those and in others have a stove, either dilapidated, or not at all damaged in appearance, but seems to be already unsuitable: it is poorly melted, greatly smokes. Often only due to the fact that the stove is smoking, they strive to immediately shift. Look at the doomed stove, but there is not even cracks in it. You ask the owners: “You cleaned her?»And they do not even know that the stove is cleaned and where the cleaning places. Clean such a stove, and it will become like new! And what will happen to her if it stands on a good foundation! True, sometimes a stove in a strange stove is difficult to find cleaning places, because every stove.
Finding out the reasons why the stove is smoking, you should start with answers to such questions:
What circumstances accompany smoke?When smoking began: immediately or after some time?How much time has passed since the beginning of smoke?
So, other observations will also help determine the reasons.
What coal to choose for furnace?
What is coal? This is a product of plant origin, which includes carbon and non.Combustible impurities. It is they who form ash and slag.Shaped substances after burning. The ratio of two components is different everywhere. It is it, as well as the “age” of natural fuel determines the brand of coal. Experts distinguish several varieties.
The most “young” type of coal. Lingitis. It has a fairly loose structure. If you pick up a lump of lingitis, it will quickly crumble and lose its shape. Such coal is most often used in thermal power plants, but lingitis is not suitable for heating the house.
In addition to lingitis, brown, stone coal, anthracite are also mined. The most ancient carbon deposits. All varieties have a different humidity level. In coal drill, for example, humidity is 50%, in anthracite its threshold does not exceed 7%. Therefore, anthracite has the highest specific heat. Its indicators are 9 thousand. Kcal/kg. Smaller in stone coal. 5.5 kcal/kg. In a brown variety, the specific heat is only 3 kcal/kg. Given all this, it is easy to understand which type of fuel to be purchased for ginging a house.
Why is a solid fuel boiler does not want to burn?
You fell asleep the cheapest and most poorly coal into the boiler, which provides for work on high.Quality fuel.
There is not enough traction due to the fact that the section of the chimney is less than the required.
There is not enough traction due to the low height of the chimney.
There is not enough traction due to the cooling of the unscarried chimney (and it must be insulated).
Keystoker. Top 10 Coal Burning Questions
There is not enough traction due to the improper design of the chimney.
There is not enough traction due to a third-party air leakage in the smoke removal system (holes and leaks in the chimney).
There is not enough traction due to wind support (the top of the chimney is not bred behind the “horse” of the building).
There is not enough traction due to the fact that the chimney has a heat exchanger for heating household water and the chimney cools too quickly.
Instead of a direct chimney, you mounted a “shield” with channels. And you want to get more heat from outgoing smoke gases. The result. There is no traction in the chimney
You drowned the boiler with tires and rubber. And he had a heat exchanger and a chimney clogged.
You have not cleaned the boiler for 2 years and it is all overgrown with soot.
You do not take the ash in time and it interferes with the passage of air into the combustion chamber.
You brought 2 boilers into one common chimney. And you want both to work well.
Most of the failures with boilers are associated with an incorrect system of smoke eating, but the reason may be in another. In order to soberly look at the situation and determine the cause of failure, you need to attract a specialist with deep knowledge in heating systems.
Initially, attract qualified specialists to solving your heating problems. And you will work as a Swiss watch.
How to properly drown a furnace and boilers with coal?
Brown coal is easy to recognize by brown color. This “young” geological formation has a low combustion temperature due to the fact that it contains a large amount of water and volatile compounds. The level of moisture content can reach 30-40 %, and combustible carbon-from 50 to 70 %.
Such fuel cannot be stored outdoors. Evaporation of water leads to a decrease in the density of the material. Coal turns into ash. Most often it is used in utility farms, as well as as a fuel for a heating boiler.
So, the heating boiler “Kupper Karbo” is designed to work on solid fuel. The device is equipped with a mobile grate, which allows the operating mode to “shake” the coals, and in the case of an accident, the coals are dumped into a large ash box.
Great for heating furnaces. The specific heat of its combustion is approximately 5.5 thousand. Kcal/kg.
When buying a furnace, be sure to pay attention to the recommendations of the manufacturer: which type of fuel is better to use. It is also worth finding out the cost and possibility of supplying coal suitable for the selected equipment model in your region.
For intensive combustion of such fuel, the flow of oxygen is very important, for this, a system of circulation and burning of air is provided in the furnaces and boilers “Teplodar.
Features of the design of furnaces for rolled coal
Before using coal for kindling, it is important to make sure that your stove is suitable for such fuel.
The fact is that coal burns at high temperatures. In household devices, the temperature in the furnace can reach 1000 ° C, and in industrial. More than 2000 ° C. Therefore, for coal, you should choose a stove with a thick.Walled firefly of metal, which has high heat resistance.
For intensive combustion of such fuel, the flow of oxygen is very important, for this, a system of circulation and burning of air is provided in the furnaces and boilers “Teplodar. Also, heating equipment is equipped with grates from cast iron.
Stages of ignition
Proper etching of the furnace allows you to evenly heat the room and at the same time avoid dangerous situations. We recommend the following sequence of steps:
- Put the sheets of paper on the bottom of the furnace chamber, and on them. Small wooden chips.
- Then place the crushed firewood over the chips of the cross, leaving the gaps between the logs. Usually use birch firewood.
- It is necessary to set fire to the paper, then close the door of the furnace and open the ash. This will warm up the chimney pipe due to the natural flow of air.
- After the logs are burned, pour small coal into the ash. The first bookmark should have a height of about 15 cm. Small particles light up from ash.
- With an increase in traction, the ash compartment must be closed and the air circulation system is turned on if it is provided by the design.
Perform the next bookmark only after complete combustion of the first. Когда топливо сгорит на 50 %, следует перемешать его кочергой — это необходимо для равномерного горения.
For effective and trouble.Free operation of a coal furnace, adhere to a number of simple rules:
- To incite coal, you cannot use combustible liquid mixtures. Kerosene, gasoline, etc. It is also forbidden to use economic waste.
- During the kind, be sure to monitor the process and move on to the next stage in time. It is convenient to observe the burning through a door with heat.Resistant glass. Many Teplodar furnaces are equipped with such an option.
- Open should be either a ash or a sash. When coal and firewood are burning, the furnace chamber must be closed.
- The normal combustion mode can be determined by the color of the flame. It should be golden, and smoke. Transparent.
In addition, regardless of the type of solid fuel used, you must always monitor the traction in the pipe. You need to clean the chimney 1-2 times a month.
For the effective and trouble.Free operation of a coal furnace, adhere to a number of simple rules.
Possible problems and ways to eliminate them
The main problem that can occur with a furnace with coal is smoke.
- Lack of traction in the chimney. Clogging in the pipe or in the smoke.Outlet;
- Poorly insulated chimney;
- A large amount of moisture in fuel, due to which smoke becomes wet;
- Cracks in the furnace body.
In each individual case, it is necessary to identify the cause individually. It is best to contact a specialist for this.
Another question. Whether it is necessary to pour the remaining coals from the furnace after the kind of spinning? The answer depends on the situation:
- If the coals are faded and do not give flames, then they can be safely left in the fuel compartment. The next day you melt the oven faster. At the same time, it is better to complete the kindergarten 1.5 hours before bedtime or before leaving the house.
- If the fuel did not have time to burn out, then pour it into a metal container and pour water.
Other problems may occur with improper installation of the furnace and chimney. To avoid them, we recommend that you carefully study the instructions for heating equipment and entrust the installation of the furnace to the master.
Preparation of the furnace for the first trampling after summer downtime
In the warm season, and this, at least 3-5 months-heating equipment is not used at all. It is important to understand that after such a break, you cannot immediately melt the oven. First you need to check the entire system and prepare for work:
- Make sure that there are no cracks in the furnace body, the door adjacent to closing. Otherwise, even through a minimum gap, carbon monoxide and smoke that are dangerous for humans can pass through the minimum gap in the living room.
- Check the chimney design, in particular, the integrity of the seams and the quality of the thrust. If necessary, clean the pipe from soot and foreign objects.
- Remove objects that may light up from the furnace zone. All combustible liquids and flammable objects should be at a distance of at least 0.5 m.
- The furnace furnace should also be cleaned, as well as free the ash. So that the ash does not dust, you can sprinkle it with water. To clean the inner walls, use a dry rag.
How to light coal anthracite correctly
Residents of large cities living in multi.Storey buildings equipped with a centralized heating system are often sure that melting a stove is a simple matter. Yes, and what’s the complicated? I found out what is the price of coal in Ukraine, bought coal in bags, brought it to the house. I threw a couple of old newspapers into the furnace, a handful of chips, set fire to, and then added coal. It would seem that that’s all. In fact, everything is much more complicated. Owners of private houses who heat their homes with furnaces know that this is a troublesome and difficult.
At first glance, it may seem that the answer is obvious. Firewood. But, if you compare the cost of coal and the cost of firewood, it becomes clear. Which is more profitable to buy coal anthracite. The main thing is to know how to light coal anthracite correctly. After all, he cares not only about warmth in the house, but also about the furnace. And that’s why:
- Firewood, even the hardest, is distinguished by a lot of soot and burning, unlike coal. So, it is necessary to clean the furnace and chimney more often than when using such coal as coal of the brand G, for example.
- Firewood needs to be stored in a separate room and dried for about three years so that they give a strong and dry heat.
- Coal in bags is much more convenient. Places occupy less, and coal anthracite gives much more heat and burns for a very long time. Its specific heat of combustion reaches 7.4. 9 thousand kcal/kg, which no firewood will give.
- Monitor the firebox if firewood burn in it constantly, but coal requires much less attention.
Thus, let the cost of coal in Ukraine do not scare you, the usual firewood will cost more. And not only in the financial, as we see, attitude. It will still be more profitable to buy coal anthracite, and it is much easier to use and store it.
How should a coal furnace be equipped
If you drown the oven not constantly, but occasionally coming to the country house or to the cottage. You need to remember some simple rules that will help you use the oven safely. You can also heat a wood furnace with coal, but when fulfilling such conditions:
|The thickness of the walls of the firebox is large enough to withstand coal burning temperature|
|The grate can be lowered below at least two levels|
|The furnace is equipped with a separate extract from other systems|
|The grater and ashine are the same in size|
Many people like to take a steam bath on their summer cottage. You can buy coal and use it for a bathhouse. But the thickness of its walls should not be less than 35 cm to withstand the prolonged exposure to the heat. Coal and coal Anthracite are distinguished by high heat transfer, so the walls of the furnace should be thick and heat.Resistant.
First, the stove needs to be cleaned of ash and burning, prepare it for trampling. Then we perform simple actions:
- We lay the old paper or newspapers and a little dry small chips.
- Add some firewood, preferably by installing them with a “hut” or “well” for better air circulation.
- We set fire to the paper with matches or a special lighter with a long nose.
- It is important to remember: the furnace door cannot be opened with an open damper. Close the damper, open the door!
- Add coal Anthracite of a small faction to burnt firewood.
- After small coal is flared up, add larger pieces, a layer of up to six centimeters.
To avoid sintering, which sometimes occurs if you use coal of stone, you must periodically mix the coals with a poker. If you store coal in bags, during transportation, dust could still get to it, which leads to sintering fuel. It is enough to slightly spray with water on coal anthracite so that it does not sint.
Some tips from stoves
Anthracite coal is practically not sintering, it is very hard and does not give dust.
In order for the coal to flare up coal evenly, it is worth starting the laying of fuel from small pieces, a layer of five to six centimeters. After this layer is quite flared up, increase the thickness of the layer to fifteen centimeters. The damper blown should be ajar.
And when coal or coal anthracite is sufficiently hot, it must be opened completely. As coal burns out, add fuel, opening the damper. Distribute coal evenly, over the entire area of the grate. Open the firebox door only to add a new portion of coal. Stir coal Anthracite is not necessary as often as firewood.
Otherwise it will burn worse, and small pieces will fall through the grill.
It is obvious that using coal for heating a residential building is more profitable and more convenient than firewood. Of course, the price of coal, at first glance, seems very high, especially if you want to buy coal anthracite. But, in comparison with the fact that they have to use much more, they give less heat, and take a lot of worries, there can be only one choice. Coal. You can find out the cost of coal by simply entering a query into the browser line: “coal price per ton”, “how much a ton of coal costs”, “the cost of coal in Ukraine”, and so on. Let the price of coal not scare you, this type of heating is still cheaper than electric or gas.