Or maybe we turn to the masters?
If it seems to you that to tension the belt is an impossible task, and in general any repair and disassembly of appliances makes you shudder. you can take the machine to the service center. This option is better than a private handyman, and here’s why.
- The warranty is given for all work performed.
- Large services have a large “base” of parts, so if necessary they will use “native” spare parts.
- At service centers, technicians have more experience.
But it is worth noting that the problem with the belt is not such a serious problem that it can not be fixed with your own hands. Even if you’ve never repaired appliances yourself. try to do it with the help of our tips.
Before you disassemble the machine, make sure that the warranty repair has expired. For Indesit brand machines, it is usually 1 to 3 years.
For self-repair, the algorithm of actions is as follows:
- The washing machine is de-energized and disconnected from the water supply.
- Remove back cover.
- Worn belt is removed. Pull it on with one hand and turn the pulley with the other and remove it.
- The new belt is put on the motor shaft first.
- Tension on the pulley in a similar way by turning it.
It is important when replacing the belt drive to pay attention to the adjacent parts, sensors, wires. The belt may have damaged them and they need to be replaced.
A person even without special training and experience can replace a worn belt with a new one, guided by the instructions.
Causes of belt failures in the car
The main causes that can be followed by a breakdown are presented in the table:
Many items should not be placed in the washing machine. It’s best to wash in two loads rather than spend a lot of money fixing broken parts later
Initial installation with problems can affect the operating condition. This is due to breakage of the pulley of the drum, which takes out the belt
If you move the machine and bump it against other furniture, the belt most often comes off. It must be repaired immediately, before turning on the laundry
The process of self-repair with different causes of breakage
The repair process depends directly on its cause. Modern technology is able to recognize and report the type of failure itself. Otherwise, try to listen to your home appliance. Belt breakdowns are accompanied by characteristic tapping sounds. And if the drum will not spin, then the fault is obvious.
Overloading the washing machine
If you were careless and there was a restart of the washing machine, it is most likely worth checking the correct location of the belt in the back of the machine. When faced with the fact that the component simply fell down. put it back in place without the use of improvised tools. The correct location can be seen in the photo.
Unreliable attachment, how to fix the problem?
The belt on the washing machine constantly comes off due to improper fastening. This is due to a malfunction of the drum pulley. The component is a wheel that secures the belt and ensures the correct functioning of the drum.
You can solve the problem by full replacement of the belt and pulleys. To do this, it is enough to extend the unit into the open space and unscrew the back panel. A view of the rear parts of the machine, which need to be repaired, will open.
Such a wheel is fixed on one or more screws, which must be unscrewed for replacement. The next step is to remove the component along with the belt. Given the model and features of your washing machine, the old part is replaced with a new one.
After tightening the pulley of the drum, deal with the correct installation of the belt. It should lie as indicated in the photo. Take the time to correctly select such a component, because not matching the model of the machine will cause new malfunctions.
Deformations and how to avoid them
When buying a new washing machine check that the appliance is correctly transported. It is also worth being careful when installing, especially in small rooms. Any physical impacts cause all sorts of faults.
It is best to transport in a special box, where the device is fixed with foam rubber or thick paper. This way the machine will be intact, even if a collision with other objects happens.
Most often the belt in a washing machine breaks. This makes it necessary to buy a new one. Need to replace the broken part before the first start-up. This prevents malfunctions with serious consequences.
The main causes
Most often the problem occurs in the following cases:
- There was a natural wear and tear of the element. This may be caused by continuous use of the appliance. The belt is stretched out, does not correctly perform the transmission of rotation. It is accompanied by a characteristic whistling at idling speed, poor spinning, machine stops if the belt finally tears or comes off.
- Drummove pulley is loose. Parts and assemblies in motion are subjected to high loads and their fasteners loosen. When the pulley began to “walk” in different directions, the strap will break unequivocally, will break completely or will simply jam.
- Loose fasteners of electric motor. They can lose their strength because of the vibration during the wash. The tension becomes insufficient and this is the next reason why the belt keeps coming off. To finally verify what has happened, it is necessary to unscrew the back panel of the machine, check the belt and the elements around it. If necessary, fasteners are tightened, the belt is installed and tightened, the machine is checked for function.
- Shaft and pulley become deformed. Belt run out can bend the pulley and cause it to be replaced. Otherwise, there is a possibility of damage to no less important parts of the washing machine. This can also happen with a shaft. In short, a malfunction in one of the units will cause problems.
- The bearing is worn out. This can cause the drum to warp and result in a loose belt. In order to determine the exact cause of the problem, you will need to call in an experienced technician.
- Improper tension of the belt. Replacing the belt is not difficult, but certain skills are needed so that in the future it will not fly off. The tension must be correct, otherwise the problem will recur from time to time.
- Damaged drum cross. In this case, you get imbalanced and the consequence is a loose drive element.
- Rare cases of operation. It may seem strange, but it can become one of the reasons when the rubber product dries out, cracks and falls off or breaks permanently.
As you can see, there are a lot of conditions for the rupture or loss of the belt. Without special skills, the problem will be difficult to find. If you want to solve the problem cardinally. invite the master, who will promptly and competently eliminate all.
Does it make sense to repair it by yourself??
If with household appliances on “YOU”, and before such repairs have not been involved, it is recommended to invite a specialist who will eliminate the problem and provide a guarantee for the further operation of the machine.
Any user is able to inspect the washing machine and try to diagnose a breakdown beforehand. Having detected the problem, you will be left to decide whether to ask for help or try to cope with the problem by your own efforts.
Appealing to a workshop has its own advantages:
- There is a warranty period for the work;
- The replacement of the elements of the set, if there is such a need, will be carried out with identical analogues;
- The experience of the masters will be beyond any doubt.
How to avoid them?
Since the installation or replacement of the belt has its own nuances and is quite complex, if there is a need for such an operation, it is recommended to use professional help. A qualified specialist will repair quickly and efficiently, ensuring the reliable operation of the washing machine.
Our team has more than one year successfully solving people’s domestic problems, saving them time and money. So we will be happy to help you if you have any problems with your washing machine or other appliances. Call right now by phone in Kiev 383 90 60 and call the repairman right at home!
© Any reprint of this article, as well as partial or complete use of materials (information) from it in any form, is allowed only when a direct link to our site is provided
“What signs signs indicate that the belt flew in the washing machine? What are the causes? Why it is better to call a master for washing machine repair? What can cause the drive belt to break?? Discuss below.”.
Any user of a washing machine may someday encounter a problem when the drive belt comes off, and washing in this case, of course, becomes impossible. This malfunction is not critical, and you can fix it yourself, you only need a minimum set of tools and know how to use them. If you are interested in the question. “Why does the belt come off in a washing machine? ?”Then in this article you will find the answer.
How the failure is detected?
It is difficult for a user to understand what has happened to his or her domestic helper. when the drive belt comes off, the unit stops working. The element is located behind the body panels of the machine for washing things, and it is impossible to unequivocally understand at once that the problem lies in it. But you can do it if you understand the signs.
Loose washing machine pulley, belt falls off
Often the washing machine signals an incident with a built-in self-diagnostic system. With such a system, the machine reacts to the failure without any problems, stops the work, sends an error code to the screen, depending on the model and brand of the product. You will only have to decipher the data of the signal seen on the screen with the help of a special table.
It occasionally happens that the machine does not display a code, but the breakage is already there. In such a situation, it is possible to understand that the belt has come off and it is necessary to put it back in place, with the help of signs of an indirect nature:
- the washing program is activated, the motor is functioning, but the drum rotation is absent;
- motor hums evenly, starts to “silence” with the same time pauses;
- the software works, the engine hums without stopping, then the electronics “hangs”;
- the drum is easily rotated by hands, the rotation does not create even minimal noise.
How the breakage is detected?
It is difficult for the user to understand what happened to his home assistant. when the drive belt comes off, the unit stops working. The element is located behind the body panels of the machine for washing things, and it is impossible to unequivocally understand at once that the problem lies in it. But it is possible to do it, if you understand the characteristic signs.
Often, the washing machine signals an incident with the built-in self-diagnostic system. With such a system, the machine without problems reacts to failure, stops the work, sends an error code to the screen, depending on the model and brand of the product. You will only have to decipher the data of the signal seen on the screen with the help of a special table.
It happens that the machine does not give a code, but the breakdown is already there. In such a situation, it is possible to understand that the belt has come off and it is necessary to put it back in place, with the help of signs of an indirect nature:
- the program for washing is activated, the motor is functional, but there is no rotation of the drum;
- The motor hums evenly, begins to “silence” with the same time pauses;
- The software works, the motor hums without stopping, then the electronics “hangs”;
- the drum is easily rotated by hands, the rotation of even a minimum noise does not create.
Preventive maintenance of the washing machine. prolonging its life span
Prophylactic measures during machinery maintenance have a beneficial effect on the operation of any devices, extend the life of the equipment.
Every appliance comes with an instruction manual that describes the rules of use and recommended preventive actions. Many people without even looking at it, put it away, and some get rid of this “waste paper” immediately.
Treat your washing machine with care, and it will thank you: it will wash properly and in good working order for many years!